Friday, September 11, 2009

Gone Fishin'


Last week on one of my days off, I, at the boys' request, took them fishing. Before leaving, I called our friend Jeremiah, and asked him if I could bring our poles over to have him put some line on Landon's and to make sure Lofton's was ready to use. Then, we headed to Drakes Creek Park to fish. I didn't want to stop and drag two boys in the bait shop to spend money on worms, and I forgot to grab a can of corn, but luckily, I had brought bread to feed to the ducks. Lofton was appalled at the thought of using bread, and he informed me that we would never catch a fish, but he was proved wrong when we caught one! I was thrilled at our success until I realized that though I had sought Jeremiah's help in our planning of the trip, I hadn't thought of what to do if we actually caught a fish. I have and still haven't taken a fish off of a hook. Luckily, an older gentleman was there with his granddaughter, and he took it off the hook for us. We then caught one more, and I decided to call it a day. Lofton proudly wanted to call his dad to not only tell him that we caught fish but that we did it with bread.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

You are so funny taking them boys fishing. I don't blame you, I wouldn't have unhooked that fish either.

Amy Griffin said...

still can't believe the bread was a winner...