Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas





"All my mom wants for Christmas is a Silent Night" is what Landon's shirt read Christmas Eve, and he fullflilled my wish; however, at 3:15 am I heard Lofton saying, "I hear something." I went in Lofton's room and he shot up and told me that he heard Santa. He desperately wanted to get up, but I told him that Santa hadn't come yet, so about an hour and a half later, Lofton finally fell back to sleep. Landon slept until 5:45, but fortunately, Phillip and my parents took him. I got to go back to bed until 7am when Lofton woke up again. Lofton ran in the living room and started ripping open packages. It took awhile, but he finally noticed that Santa had eaten all but one half of a cookie, so Lofton ate it while opening presents. Lofton loved all of his things, and Landon loved eating the wrapping paper. It was such a fun morning. Phillip of course made cinnamon rolls and shortly after he made a huge brunch. Unfortunately, Mimi and Pop Pop had to leave Christmas morning, but not before Pop Pop put together some toys and hung up my new picture frames. After they left, we spent the morning just playing games and playing with all of the boys' toys. Ann and her mom came over around 2:00 for a visit, and Ann gave Lofton a card with money. When he opened it, he said, "Look! We can go get MORE presents;" he catches on quickly. When Ann left, we loaded up and headed for Grandfather's house. Lofton and Landon both slept on the way there, and Lofton even slept for about another hour once we got there. Grandfather and Lofton played, and AGAIN, Lofton opened presents. Christmas was so magical this year; I hate for it to be over, but of course, I have already taken down all signs of the holiday; I can't stand it a minute after Christmas. Lofton was sad to see it be put up, but he said, "Now, is it time for Halloween?"

2 comments:

Joni said...

I have been waiting for this update for a long time! Looks like Christmas was a blast. We are having our New Years bash and wish you could be here!

Amy Griffin said...

tis the season to be crazy busy then crash like a child on a sugar high!!! It looks like fun though!