Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving








What a Thanksgiving! We planned on leaving for Columbus on Tuesday before Thanksgiving, but Landon woke up from a nap the day of his surgery with a terrible cough and high fever, so we stuck around to see if he'd feel better on Wednesday, and when he was still miserable I took him to see Dr. Keith. Dr. Keith said that Landon had croup, and he gave him a steriod to break up the cough. He said that we could travel, but that it might be a miserable experience; however, Landon actually slept most of the car ride. Our time in Ohio was great- Thanksgiving dinner, shopping, spending time with family including Uncle Dustin, and sleeping in while Mimi and Pop Pop watched the boys. While our weekend was great, it ended on a bad note.
My back hurt the entire weekend, which is nothing new, but I woke up on Sunday morning and could not walk. This is not an exaggeration; I literally had to pick my leg up to get in the van (Roanna's) to go home. I have never been in this much pain, and I have had two kids. I don't know how my mom and dad have survived all of their back troubles. BUT... I am doing well now. Dr. Woosely is a miracle worker. When I crawled in to his office on Monday, he asked me to rate my pain on a scale of 1-10; I said, "Put it this way, I knew that you were at the Westin in Cincinnatti with the Titans and I about tracked you down. " He popped (adjusted as he puts it) and I am now standing in an upright position. I am still sore, and I am still creeping around, but I am much better. So, as I count my blessings this Thanksgiving, I thank God that I can walk again, and that Landon is sleeping in his bed. (Because sitting up with Landon for four nights is what got me out of alignment)



1 comment:

Joni said...

Yuck! However, that's funny because Larry's back went out of Saturday too. The difference-he fixed it with drugs and has been very happy this week and talking in his sleep! See you tomorrow.