Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Levi's Surgery














Unfortunately, when Levi was born his circumcision healed to itself and created a bridge.  It has been something that he has needed to do for awhile, and, of course, I put it off till Covid.  He had to have a Covid test before the surgery, but it wasn't like the horror stories we had heard.  He laughed and got ice cream after to celebrate the test.  The actual surgery went well, and his recovery was much better and faster than I had worried it would be.  He was so nervous the day of the surgery, but the nurses were fantastic.  They eased his mind and gave him markers to draw on the sheets with- which he loved. When I met him in recovery, I never laughed so hard.  He was talking a mile a minute about everything with the nurse, who I found out later was Franklin Manley's mom.  He told her he had the tiniest room in the house.  He made himself sound like Harry Potter.  He enjoyed all the gifts and attention he got.  I am so glad that this is finally behind us. 

No comments: