Saturday, June 13, 2020

Quarantine Chronicles










































































































In February, Jenna told me that she had heard on TV that we should possibly buy some masks, cold and flu medicine, tissues... because she had heard that Covid that had spread in China could reach us.  I never for one second realized how crazy things would get.  The day before we were to get out for Spring break, we were called to the library after school and told we were going to go ahead and get out and would possibly be out a couple of weeks after.  NEVER in a MILLION YEARS did I realize the severity of what was going on.  Well, I think and I truly believe that while Covid is really that it was more of a political thing that was way over dramatized, but... 

I always wish we had more time at home, and we got it.  I can't say that I hated the time we had together at home to rest and be together.  We baked a lot; I cooked more than I ever have; we played games; we took walks; we went to Greenway every day; I ran every day; We fished; we played with sidewalk chalk; we built a chicken coop; we watched a lot of movies; we did a lot of yard and house work; I read a ton of books, and we caved a saw some friends a few times.  Oh, yeah, and we had school online Monday- Friday 8-11.  I have never worked so hard.  It was exhausting to say the least, but I will admit that the little bit of normalcy helped keep me sane.  

I will never forget this time.  I will always hate the words Covid19, social distancing and quarantine.  However, I will always cherish the time we were given to unwind and slow down and just be together. 

No comments: