Monday, June 10, 2019

Washington, DC









































Goodpasture's 8th graders go to Washington each year, and since I work at Goodpasture, I was blessed to be able to go as a school chaperone.  I went when I was in middle school, and I must say that I appreciate all I saw this time much more than when I went at a young age.  The apple doesn't fall far because one of Lynn's rules is to turn your phones into your chaperone each night, so after the first night, I checked Lofton's phone to see what pics he took.  We had seen Ford Theater and the gun that shot Lincoln our first day but Lofton only had a picture of Duke's basketball team who was there for March Madness.  I do think that he appreciated a lot of what he saw.  One thing that neither of us could get over was how large Old Glory is.  It was Lofton's first time to fly on an airplane, so that was quite memorable for him.  Having his mother say, "On three say circumcision" probably ranks up there too.  The pic of the boys' reaction when I said it is priceless.   

I loved Alexandria, Virginia.  I would love to go stay in that quaint town for an extended amount of time.  I love small towns.  

No comments: