Monday, April 22, 2013

Tough Mudder

My friend Joni twisted my arm along with Amy's and Candace's and talked us into running the Tough Mudder with her. We all caved, and I'm thankful cause not only was it a fun race, but it was a fun road trip to Atlanta. We knew for sure that we would have a lot of fun and a lot of laughs! The laughs started on the trip there when some of us started psyching ourselves out and our stomachs started tearing us up! Actually, the laughs for many started before that but we were oblivious to it. Coach Candy had written "Tough Mudder 2012" on her car, but none of us noticed until two days after we got back and our friend Christy pointed it out! Then when we got to Atlanta and we were brought a baby crib instead of a roll away bed, we knew it'd be a fun weekend. The race was lots of fun though it was difficult and a few of the obstacles scared me quite a bit. I never thought I'd survive teh arctic enema, but I plunged right in and was ready for more until I climbed the 10 foot wall and had to jump into muddy water. I wasn't sure I would jump, but I did and then from there the only obstacle that really caused me trouble was the electrocution obstacles. They were scary until Joni took out of the gate and busted her butt in the final electrocution obstacle. After that there were tons of laughs until we thought Joni had disappeared from the gas station. We survived it all and found Joni and then got to have a night on the town in Atlanta. The ride on public transportation to the restaraunt felt like a Mudder obstacle, but by the time we caught a ride back to our room, we were pros, and we sat back and just enjoyed the people watching and listening. It was a great trip, and I can't beleive I'm saying it, but I'd run another Tough Mudder!

No comments: