Thursday, October 25, 2007

New Adventures




Well, I am leaping into the age of technology, and I am attempting to create a blog page. We'll see how it goes. I am either going to get extremely addicted to this, or I am going to just feel like it is something else on my "to do list." However, I am excited about this new adventure as well as my new pumpkin decorating adventure. In all my 31 years, I have only watched my dad and Phillip carve pumpkins, and last year I did let Lofton use markers and stickers to decorate a pumpkin. But, I have come a long way. Lofton's teacher, Terri Davidson, sent home a note explaining that they were having a Great Pumpkin Contest and that each student was to decorate a pumpkin with his/her family. Of course, I immediately stressed out and sought help from my creative friend Amy. We searched the web and came up with some simple yet cute ideas, but when I ran them by Lofton he said, "No, I don't want that; I want Batman." So, reluctantly I tapped the creative side of my brain and attempted to decorate a pumpkin to look like Batman. You decide for yourself. Is there any resemblance?

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am impressed that I have such an artsy-craftsy cousin! The blog looks great! Love, Tiff

Amy Griffin said...

love it! You did a great job with it. Lofton's eye's (for Batman) are perfect. I like the blog page too - welcome to the world of online scrapbooking!

Becky said...

I was so impressed I made my own! Great job!