Sunday, May 26, 2024

Our Spring Break
























































































































Our spring break was one of the best "breaks" I have ever had. Landon started his break by going to the farm with Cole and his friends. They went alone and stayed alone. It stressed me out, but boys need to do those kinds of things-- despite my anxiousness. Sawyer spent the night with Levi and they fished and we went to the trampoline park. Then mid week, Mimi and Pop Pop came down to stay with Levi so that Phillip, Landon, and me could go to Jamaica. I was asked to lead the trip. I was nervous about it as some travel advisories for Jamaica went out, but as Cole's dad said, "Don't let Satan cause you to have fear and doubt and cause you to stop doing good." So, I prayed about it, and we went. I am so glad that I did not let fear hold us back from serving the people of Jamaica. It was life changing for us. Our team went to the local school and built a playground and some picnic tables in their peace garden. We led devo for the kids and played with them the two days that they were in school when we were there. Each evening, we went back and enjoyed some time in the ocean before cleaning up and eating dinner. One day, we spent time at the infirmary and the fish camp.  The people of Jamaica showed me what the joy of the Lord truly is. They don't have anything, but they have joy, and it is humbling. Our last day in Jamaica, we drove to Montego Bay; the juxtaposition of Morant Bay and Montego Bay was eye opening. I did enjoy our day at our resort relaxing and swimming, but the kids and I all agreed that a day touring the other side of the island would have been much more fun. Montego Bay was just like Florida or something; it wasn't Jamaica. When we left, we spent a lot of time in the Jamaica airport as our plane was getting maintenance. Then because of this, we missed our flight from Texas home, so we spent the night in Texas. We were all tired and upset, but we decided it was an adventure and we were making memories. I am so glad that I was asked to lead this trip. It was such a wonderful experience. 

 


No comments: