Sunday, May 26, 2024

Landon’s 17th Birthday









Birthdays look much different than they once did. Gone are cute themed invitations and thank you notes. No buying cute decor and themed games and party gifts. We have had pony rides, gold fish party gifts, karate lessons, trampoline parties... I did not realize I needed to really treasure those days because the day was going to come when the boys did not care about celebrating. Landon did not want to do anything. So, I gave him money and bought him a golf jacket and his favorite M & Ms, and he went to trivia with his friends like he does every Thursday. Phillip and I did show up with an ice cream cake for his buddies. 

Landon at 17 still loves chocolate. He is dedicated to wrestling and does very well at the sport that he just volunteered to do so that Lofton's team would have a 106. He is a great friend and brother. He loves his computer. He is in the top 10 percent of his class and makes straight As. I kinda think he has never made a B. He is still the persistent widow like I used to call him. He loves the Lord. We love him. 

 

No comments: